Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MY dad's day.. and mine?



Yesterday was my dad’s 60th Bday bash! Belated happy birthday Dad! And we all celebrated it with our usual dinner dine out somewhere nice and to where everybody will agree to eat on.

It wasn't a very ordinary day for both dad and me.

When I woke up at around 9am, I heard the doorbell rang. It's a delivery! A native lechon (roasted pig), gift from his former subordinates and friends. Then after that another doorbell from outside, and came two different flavored cakes (yummy), also from his friends! Then an hour after that, a visit from a friend who came to greet and catch things up with.

My dad’s day was happy! It was his birthday, of course! Even though he will be applying for his senior citizen’s discount card sometime soon, he was thankful and delighted.

As for me, by the time I finished lunch, I helped in the kitchen and washed some dishes for the pig. I was so busy preparing and fixing dad’s gifts in the kitchen and forgot about my usual errands, which was being in my room, blog or even chat and be near my cell phone. And that day, I was not even thinking of doing those what I so called “tasks”. And hey, that day was not a very ordinary day for me as I've said... Because later that afternoon, I got a phone call from a friend, asking me if I'd received anything that day. Then BOOM! I saw an unusual text message! YES! I have been granted a visa! (weeeeeeeeeeee).. After waiting for 4 long months, now it's here! Waiting is done!! And I'm very happy!
But let's not forget... Yeah, it’s dad’s day! It's a good thing everybody else made him feel like it does !

No comments: