Friday, August 8, 2008

being peotic

Back in the days, I used to write poems.. Well, it was back in high school and I was really into writing. The passion, I think it all started when during my English subject in 2nd yr high school, we were asked to memorize or even analyze a poem. I fell in love with it, I began to love reading and started to trully express my emotions thru writing. My first peom was by Elizabeth browning (sonnet 14). It was so lovely and inspiring.

I tried to write one, not a full pledge sonnet, just a simple poem. My motivation back then was, of course, my high school fling. But note this! It was NOT throughout the course of our 3 year all-apology, monotonous, boring, more often than not adventure together.. But it was when I already broken up with him, that is. (Weird ei?)

The poem was about reminiscing our past. I mean, yeah, I broke up with him, and I cared, I commiserated with him because I let go of our relationship.. So here it goes..


Do you still remember those memories we shared together.
The laughter’s and sorrows that I thought would last forever.
Now those times had gone by, just for a while..
My heart hurts and I find it hard to smile.

I feel alone and also feeling bad,
without you these days made me feel so sad.
I know that you feel the same way too.
Don’t worry, I care for you, trust me, its true.


But after making that short and consoling poem for him.. I’ve learned that a classmate of mine was flirting and was making her way through my ex’s heart. I don’t want to believe it at first because he was still distressing about our break up. But after a couple of weeks, DARN! They got together and started dating..

So I’ve made another one. Enthused by what they did to me. I wrote a poem of the fast pace of him having a new GF. Ouchie! A new girl friend after 2weeks, come on! That was back stabbing! (Not affected anymore, it was high school, believe me!). So I’ve decided to express what I felt after that appalling news. Here goes..

I still care for you come what may.
That’s what I’ve thought these past few days.
The love I have for you had gone by.
You’ve hurt my feelings now, because you lied.

Even though it hurts me as much,
this feeling for you, i thought will never last.
But to what I've learned, you're dating now,
What i felt, has vanished. How?
You’ve just changed my mind and feelings too..
Now I’ll hate you, that is what I got to do!

It’s your entire fault, you made me do it.
How dare you and I can’t believe it?
I’ll be happy for you, for now, forever.
Never ever do it to her, or else – WHATEVER!

No comments: