Tuesday, August 19, 2008

a ritual before doing anything

I have this habit way back when I was still working in Makati to wake up around 6 in the morning, do my morning rituals and make sure, I mean, REALLY make sure finish everything and be in the car by 7am. Why? My favorite radio show is about to be heard.

It was called “morning inspirations”. Until I quit my job and went back to studying again, I kind of carried that morning habit. Not to mention, in nursing, you really have to be early (say be in school 15 minutes before call time, which was 7:30 am). So at exactly 7am, I turn on the radio and wait for the DJ to introduce his morning reading.

I remembered it was around August of 2005 when I heard "dare to be" while I’m on my way to school. It motivated me before I go to lectures, duties and any activities in the university. It has been 3 years and I still read this to myself..


When a new day begins, dare to smile gratefully
When there is darkness, dare to be the first to shine light
Where there’s injustice, dare to be the first to condemn it
When something seems difficult, dare to do it anyway

When life seems to bring you down, dare to fight back
Where there seems to be no hope, dare to find some
When you’re feeling tired, dare to keep on going
When times are tough, dare to be tougher

When love hurts you, dare to love again
When someone is hurting, dare to help them heal
When another is lost, dare to help them find the way
When a friend falls, dare to be the first to extend a hand
When you cross paths with another, dare to make them smile
When you feel great, dare to help someone else to feel great too
When the day has ended, dare to feel as if you’ve done your best
Dare to be the best you can, and at all times… dare to be!

No comments: