Friday, August 1, 2008

round'abouts

Its August 1 and yes, I'm home alone..

Its not that I'm complaining or something.. its my lifestyle!

On times like this, doing nothing is practically doing something. Here's what i mean... What i do when i wake up is, first, check my fone if someone texted me or someone called. Don't worry, i don't usually text or call back unless it's very urgent or important like: an invitation to a gimmick or the like.

Then, i look around my room first. I check on the window, and see whether its still early for me to stand or too late for me to eat breakfast. Then i stare at the ceiling for about 10 seconds... then the door, by 5 seconds... then the ceiling again until i decided to face the wall and hug my blanky and try to fall asleep again..

Its just basically what i do before really standing up and go about the remaining time of the day.

I usually wake up by an hour before lunch time, say 11 am (if I'm lucky! and that is if i got no errands to attend to or do some favor my parents usually ask me to do in the mornings.. which is to join them during a too-early-for-me breakfast).

Here then, my day starts.. I stand up, look for my slippers, go out the room, make potty (hihi), wash my face.. look myself in the mirror, wash my hands, go back to my room and sit on the bed. I dunno why this became an enigma for me.. This deciding part gets complicated: should i eat now or doze off again.. Yeah, I'm still sleepy by that hour! I usually blame playing (and yeah, winning) Texas HoldEm poker for staying up late till 3am.


But most of the times, i eat my "breakfast" by 12 noon, while watching tv on my parents' room. After doing so, I'll be washing the dishes, drinking vitamins, check the ref for dessert and then off to the lazy boy again to watch more tv.

I do read, sometimes, if i feel guilty of watching too many re-runs, usually of jeopardy and the price is right. Reading about 3 - 4 pages of learning to speak another language, they give me eye ache and a mind sore for me. So by then, i start up my laptop, log on to facebook and stay at least 3 hours on playing poker! (i usually add an hour if I'm winning)

If I'm not playing on facebook, i usually check on my emails, my multiply account, my friendster account, comments and messages, my friends on friendster and look at their new uploaded pictures.. and at times, i answer some survey questions posted in the bulletin board.

I end my laptop time only if my tummy starts to ask for some nourishing. Haha.. Yea, I'll be hungry by then. Checking out friends, posting up surveys, winning and losing in poker games gives me stress and burns my energy.. much more than sitting on the lazy boy, watching re-runs and changing channels with the remote. Whew!

Good thing peanut butter was invented. Thank God! Eating a peanut butter sandwich will be my "lunch" and by around 5pm, I'm back on my laptop again.

That's how it usually goes, on a typical "I'm alone again" day. Then, when the day ends, it'll be August 2..

No comments: