Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Highschool fling.. gone

No poker blog today because it was day two of cleaning out my closet. I came upon this small Ninja Turtle lunch box full of things. I saw some small possessions such as stitched cloth with my name on it, a very small key, a book mark (also with my name on it), a pencil with my name carved on it, a blue hanky (no name this time), half of a locket and plenty of letters. Here's the catch... The letters were numbered!! Hmm.. I realized it was from my high school whirl wind romance.

I forgot how i got them before. I mean, i don't remember the story behind those things anymore. What the key was for, the significance of the hanky... Hmmm.. Ahhh.. Ohh! Wait.. Darn.. Oh well, i really don't have a clue!

Of course, I tried to read the letters. They may just give me something about those gifts. It was ages ago and I'm really eager to know what happened then. Yes, it was numbered. All in all, I got 47 letters. What I saw there are notes taken from scented stationeries, tattered notebook pages and some even from the regular high school note pads.

It was funny reading them at first. But after looking at some, what I’ve noticed, most of them were apology letters. While reading them, I can’t figure out why he was always saying sorry. What was he apologetic about? Well, as I’ve said, that was A G E S ago.. So I forgot! (Don’t blame me!) Ha-ha!

Some notes were as corny as ever. Not original and so clichéd. Remember, they were from my high school fling (I mean, we were still kids! Come on!) LOL!! Some notes made me laugh, and some made my brow up. Hmmm! Some letters were almost unreadable but the others are just ok. Then after, I’m sorry to say, lobbed them away. What nostalgia! Ha-ha!

No comments: