Monday, August 4, 2008

the grade school stuff..

I cleaned my closet today. Why? Let’s just say it's the time of the moment thing that I’ve decided to clean and discard things and some memoirs from the good old days... Time to move on! Ha-ha..

Good old days, yeah, really! As I opened my buried stationary chest (a big shoebox), I found letters and other memorabilia from when I was still in grade school.
I saw there bulk of invitations to parties, Christmas, Valentine, and Birthday cards and tickets of plays and from school fairs. Reading those letters way back 1991 was a real knock-out hilarious!

Back then I had this group called "the Banana Q girls". We're 5, all girls and what we do was eat Banana Q for lunch! Just that... No more, no less.. That was when I was in grade 5. And the word 'diet' was not even in my own dictionary yet. Ha-ha..

I opened those beautiful scented and colorful paper, reading it one by one, trying to reminisce our lives back then. There were letters of appreciation, some sharing of secrets and some I-like-you-friends note. I've also read letters about two friends of mine bickering over some boy, and a letter about missing me because I made other friends.

This morning was so amusing and entertaining. I never knew that cleaning up dirty closets can make my rainy Monday cheerful!

No comments: